Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mission Spotlight®?
A video resource containing 12-15 mission stories, varying in length from two to ten minutes.
Where it’s from?
The Office of Adventist Mission at Seventh-day Adventist Church's General Conference World Headquarters.
Cost for your church?
Free (Individual members may order it from AdventSource for a nominal subscription fee).
Who is the intended audience for Mission Spotlight®?
It is for all members and friends of the church family.
Do we have to sign up to receive future Mission Spotlight®?
No, a copy will automatically be sent to your church.
How often will we receive Mission Spotlight®?
Your church should receive a new DVD each quarter.
Do these stories correspond to this quarter’s mission offerings?
Some do, and some do not. The overall goal is to share stories that will show what mission offerings have accomplished, to thank members for their support, and to report on what still needs to be done.
Should we show all of the mission segments at once?
We recommend that the segments be shown over the course of a quarter. Also, it helps to remind members that ongoing support to the worldwide mission of the Church is important.
What if we don’t show all of the stories before the quarter ends?
No problem. Just save them for another opportunity, or check out the suggestions below.
Ways to use Mission Spotlight®
- Show mission stories during the announcement period before church begins
- Use it at prayer meetings or vespers
- Share with the junior, earliteen, and youth departments
- Let the Pathfinders use it at club meetings
- Show it to homebound members on a portable DVD player
- Loan it to the church school to connect mission with a geography class
- Lend it to members who want to see it again
- Use the DVD to inspire members to organize fundraising events for missions
- Play the DVD continuously at a fundraising activity where the proceeds will be used for missions
Help Support the front lines of Mission
Receive free Adventist Mission e-newsletters
SIGN ME UP
God mentions Saul by name to Ananias and tells him to help Saul, and He did something similar for me.
Centers of influence are currently being established in cities around the world.