Dear Sabbath School Leader,
This quarter features the West-Central Africa Division, which includes the countries of Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Senegal, Sierra Leone, and Togo.
The West-Central Africa Division is home to about 329,647,000 people, almost 835,000 of whom are Seventh-day Adventists. That’s a ratio of one Adventist for every 395 people.
The Thirteenth Sabbath Offering this quarter will go to help:
- build a church at Valley View University in Ghana;
- provide a science building at Cosendai Adventist University in Cameroon;
- provide children’s school supplies to give out as an evangelistic tool throughout the division.
Songs and words in French (spoken in Cameroon) and Akan (Ghana) are featured in the quarterly and on our website, www.AdventistMission.org. Click on “Resources” and “Children’s Activities” to access more.
Use a natural, dried gourd bowl or make a bowl from papier-mâché to use as an offering device. Directions for the bowl can be found in the Children’s Activities section on the website. Because one of the projects is a church, you might wish to make the church banks featured on the website to encourage the children to save for the Thirteenth Sabbath Offering all quarter.
- Adventist Mission DVD features stories from the featured countries of the West-Central Africa Division. Ask your adult Sabbath School superintendent to make a copy for you to share with your children.
- Invite a guest who has lived in one of the countries featured this quarter to visit your class and speak to the children. Encourage your guest to wear traditional African clothing and bring appropriate items for the children to see and touch.
- Decorate the room with pictures cut from magazines or travel brochures, or silhouettes of African animals cut from black paper.
- More Activities. Visit our website at www.AdventistMission.org. Click on “Resources” and “Children’s Activities.” Click on the current quarter to find pages of crafts, language activities and songs, recipes, games, and activities to download or print for use in your Sabbath School. Check out “See It, Say It,” an audio file that helps you pronounce some of the words featured this quarter.
Yours for the kingdom,
Editor, Children’s Mission